Our Apprenticeship Vacancy of the week is for a…
Company: Joseph Frasier Solicitors
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Annual Wage: £4.00 per hour
Joseph Frasier Solicitors has a vacancy for a Legal Assistant to work within their busy Cavity Wall Insulation Department. Working as part of a team, the prime role of the Legal Assistant is to provide a direct legal service to the firm’s clients and assist the Fee Earner with specific tasks. The role is to be discharged in a professional, efficient and pleasant manner. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The post holder will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative. The role will be undertaken within a professional environment and will require a professional appearance and demeanour. This is a varied role and will appeal to candidates who are effective multitaskers who have strong organisational skills and have the ability to be able to calmly manage multiple tasks.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Fee Earner with all aspects of the CWI process.
- To record all client data on the firm’s case management system and to record all time and actions conducted in relation to client matters.
- To send and receive all correspondence and documents from our clients and relevant parties and to prepare relevant reports as required.
- Attend to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To deal with office filing which will include daily filing, the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- To attend to all telephone calls and provide assistance and support for the Fee Earner and CWI Team as and when required.
- Work with the Fee Earner to progress cases within the timeframes required by the firm.
- Maintaining communication with all relevant parties and documenting the same on the firm’s case management system at all times.
- Providing regular updates to the clients, ensuring clients are informed at all times with the progress of their case.
- Verify information provided is accurate.
- Undertake any general training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information.
- To undertake such other duties delegated as the role requires.
- The activities listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive account of the functions you are required to perform. They serve to highlight the principal areas of your work.
- Have proven IT skills and ability to adapt to new technology.
- Experience of using MS Office software.
- Organised and the ability to prioritise tasks and work.
- The ability to provide high quality client care.
- Ability to work well unsupervised as well as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a professional legal services environment.
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Five GCSEs A* to C, or equivalent, including maths, English language and ICT.
- Excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills.
Call: 01254 354 220
To view all our current apprenticeship vacancies please follow this link.