Important – Must be someone with a Driving Licence as they will be using a company vehicle if required
£8,440.00 – £14,200.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Althams Travel Services Ltd are looking for an individual passionate about a career in IT to join a small IT department, using skills that will be underpinned by apprenticeship training from AccRoss to become a long term member of the head office team.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Logging and processing support calls.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, and networks.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Assist in future developments & maintenance of the company website
- Setting up accounts for staff
- Responding to breakdowns
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures and fittings
- Investigating new technologies to improve the company’s IT infrastructure
Requirements and prospects
Any working knowledge of:
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 processes
- Networking TCP/IP knowledge
- Any other basic 1st line fixes
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Driving Licence.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
Althams Travel is an independent travel company with 31 branches in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Humberside. Accrington and Rossendale College are working with Althams on exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice IT Support Technician based at their head office in Burnley.
How to apply:
Call:01254 354 220