Hospitality & Catering
Here you can find a concise list of our current Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeships that we have to offer. The vacancies that are currently on offer are updated on regular basis with new vacancies being added.
For more information on any of our current Apprenticeship jobs, please contact us on:
Call: 01254 354 220
Company Forum Bar/Restaurant
Hours per Week 35 hours per week over four days
Weekly Wage: £3.40 per hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable apprentice with the right attitude to join a small team of 4 chefs in our small but busy kitchen, serving contemporary casual dining style food using fresh quality local ingredients All dishes are prepared in house from scratch using fresh local ingredients so the successful person will get experience of making a variety of high quality dishes with influences from all over the world including Thai, Mexican, Moroccan as well as classic British dishes Full training will be given by our friendly and experienced team This is a great opportunity to join a growing independently owned, ambitious and forward thinking small local company, offering a friendly and dynamic place to work, great hours and working conditions as well as staff incentives and staff meals.
Responsible to: Head Chef
- To assist the chefs in every aspect of the kitchen including cooking, cleaning, paperwork etc.
- To attend College and gain an NVQ qualification.
- You are expected to work around 35 hours over a four day week including weekends and evenings. However, you will also be required to work such hours as are necessary for the successful completion of your duties.
- Assistance in the daily preparation of all ingredients and dishes
- Making simple dishes moving up to a small section when fully trained
- Plating up of simple dishes
- Daily cleaning
- Paperwork as required by the company
- All legislation and company policies & procedures
- Help and assist you to improve your skills via college and in house training
Company The Pendle Pig Company
Hours per Week 30 hours per week with overtime opportunities
Duration: 12 months
Weekly Wage: £130.00
This a is a varied and interesting role as a Hog Roast & Events Chef will prepare various fresh food menu items on location for events. The role will include involvement in marketing, administrative duties and menu preparation as well as supporting the coordination of the events.
The hog roast cook will be responsible for cooking a roast on a spit or roasting tray as well as preparing other items on the menu.
These include lamb, chicken, vegetarian dishes, salads, fresh apple sauce, stuffing, fried onions, chipolata sausages, laying out rolls in bread basket, preparing sandwiches and laying out buffet platters. The role will also require assisting the supervisor in running an event.
Duties for an apprentice are split between the event day and the days leading up to the event.
A typical work week should be one of the following 4 days, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, with hopefully Wednesday / Thursdays as an office/ purchasing/preparation day and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays event days.
An office/purchasing day would include:
- Menu preparation
- Inventory checks- food and other
- Purchasing- online or at wholesalers and suppliers
- Calendar management
An event day would include:
- Loading van with menu items and cooking equipment
- Offloading items at the event
- Setting up cooking, menu and prep equipment
- Prepare menu items at event location
- Set up the roast on pole or roasting tray
- Fill out control documents – that is, temperatures of cool boxes, time of cooking, cooking temperature of meat, incidents reports etc.
- Supervise cooking meat
- Carve meat
- Serve menu items
- When serving is over, pack up all equipment and leave the premises in pristine condition
On both days the successful candidate will have full guidance through the availability of an operation manual, the Operations Manager of The Pendle Pig Ltd and Head Office.
Desirable attributes and role requirements:
- Team player
- Excellent customer service
- Problem solver
- Heavy lifting involved (such as pig on pole, hog roast machine)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Flexible working hours (desirable but not necessary) – weekends most likely
Some knife skills would be good. Computer knowledge – checking emails, excellent communication and customer service skills.
A passion for cooking, great with customers, honest, attention to details, punctual, flexible approach to work
- Food and Hygiene- levels 2 & 3
- Fire and first-aid
(if you do not have these certifications, arrangements will be made for you to gain the relevant qualifications)
The Pendle Pig Ltd is part of a franchise and hopes to expand to different territories, for example Manchester and Leeds. We hope this can take place in the next 12-24 months. A candidate that shows potential can move into a Cook / Franchisor Supervisor role where they can form a more permanent part of our team.
About the employer
A Hog Roast for any occasion!
The Pendle Pig Ltd are a family run hog roast company offering roast hog and other menu items for all types of events including your very special wedding hog roast, village fetes, garden parties even Granny’s 80th birthday party.
Company The Holden Wood Tea Rooms
Hours per Week: Up to 40hrs including college work
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and flexible apprentice chef to work in our busy kitchen and front of house. You must be passionate about food, reliable, hard working and be able to work well under pressure.
You will learn all the practical aspects of fresh food preparation, cooking, cleaning, ordering, stock rotation and ordering in the kitchen.
You will also be trained to work in the front of house as a waiter/waitress, cake preparation and barista.
After one year you will have experience of all areas in the front of house and in the kitchen which will give you have an invaluable skills set. After which there may be opportunities to specialise in front of house work or professional cookery.
Previous experience or qualifications in preparing hot and cold meals and a basic food hygiene certificate would be ideal, but not essential.
The key qualities we are looking for in this role are:-
Enthusiasm for the work and willingness to learn.
The flexibility to work some weekends and bank holidays.
(You will not be required to work night time hours).
The ability to work well as part of a team and set to any tasks as needed.
To always have pride in your work.
Company The Tickled Trout
Hours per Week: Up to 40hrs including college work
The 4* Macdonld Tickled Trout hotel with 98 bedrooms and extensive conference facilities is expanding it’s successful kitchen team.
Our chefs contribute to the very highest standards of kitchen hygiene, food prep and presentation, therefore you must be able to demonstrate your passion for food and desire to exceed guest and colleague expectation.
APPRENTICE CHEF REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a similar role or environment is preferred
- Food hygiene qualification is preferred though not essential as full training will be provided
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive approach to service challenges
- Immaculate presentation standards in all that you do
- Good communication skills with colleagues at all levels
- Good standards of numeracy & literacy
- Passion to exceed guest expectation first time, on time, every time
- Genuine interest in learning and developing a career in hospitality
- Staff must be eligible to work in the UK. Please note this is not a live in position.
You will be able to work unsupervised as well as work effectively as part of the overall team. You will rotate around each section and support the chefs team in all areas of the kitchen.
For this role you will be working towards a level 2 professional cookery apprenticeship, including studying towards Maths and English if necessary
Positions available at Apprentice Commis Chef.